Beautiful. Thanks BlueK1 for the wipe suggestion. What I had to do to get stock recovery:
1. Boot into CWM and wipe everything (I did, just to be sure):
2. on phone: power off from within CWM
3. on computer: start Odin, click on and check PDA, load the MD5 file (don't hit Start yet)
4. on phone: volume down + power on phone to get to the download screen, once at that screen, volume up to confirm. Plug in phone to computer.
5. on computer: click Start in Odin
6. on chair: sit back ...or in kitchen (preferred): grab a bevy of your choice and wait for the flashing to complete.
7. (optional and recommended) re-root cause you'll miss certain apps that require it ;-)