View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
jbaalson

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
This is a hard question to answer. I guess it all depends on what is most important to you. First of all Cricket doesn't really have unlimited data, they only give you 1GB before they start throttling. VM I think doesn't throttle until 2 or 2.5GB, so that's something to consider.
I used to follow the Triumph forum quite a bit, so I am aware of the issues with it. In my opinion, the Mercury is the superior phone. I haven't seen any of the hardware defects that affected the Triumph, and the stock ROM is very stable. On the other hand, as far as I know, there are no devs actively working on the Mercury, so if custom ROMs are important to you, you might want to hold off and see if a dev community develops for this phone.
If you are happy with the Triumph and VM, is the Mercury enough of an upgrade to consider switching? I can't answer that for you, but I will say I really like my Mercury, and have been very happy with it so far. Hope this helps a little, and best of luck with whatever you decide. Maybe some other people will have some thoughts to add?
Thank you so much. I think I will definetly make the switch to the Mercury! Spec wise, it looks like an amazing phone. I just posted my phone, two cases, two batteries, a car charger, and the stock charger and cable up for sale on eBay.