MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS AT LEAST 50% BEFORE TRYING THIS.
This will wipe everything but your external sd-card.
If you are on GB or a ICS leak 6.7.232 or less you can flash any file in this thread. If you are on ICS 6.7.246 or any leak from 6.7.235 to 6.7.247 you can only flash 6.7.246, the modified 6.7.246, 98.72.22, or the modified 98.72.22. If you are on JB 98.72.22 you can only flash 98.72.22 or the modified 98.72.22 files
Moto Helper device manager
Motorola USB drivers v5.7.0- 32bit
Motorola USB drivers v5.7.0- 64bit
5.9.905 GB (Full Version)
(md5 sum 860ddf17ac34d0103a99ff42eed2c050)
Modified 5.9.905 GB
(md5 sum f7c66ab368f1be30a1b77ba157b96347) This will remove root but you will have to uninstall Super user app before flashing. This will keep your data
6.7.246 FXZ ICS (Full Version)
(md5 sum A72C1C1AB6D5717611FE12D63723E9C4)
Modified 6.7.246 FXZ ICS
(md5 sum 02CAC34F9FE419E4D5ED0C018A1B4741)This will remove root but you will have to uninstall Super user app before flashing. This will keep your data
98.72.22 FXZ JB (Full Version)
(md5 sum 1481AC6035682B732F76A621A36A9153)
Modified 98.72.22 FXZ JB
(md5 sum 4723af4ba2e5d0710f091f2279b62927) This will remove root but you will have to uninstall Super user app before flashing. This will keep your data.
If you tried the 98.72.22 fxz and received a OEM_fb_mode error use this file here
it is the full 98.72.22 with the 2 fb_mode lines removed.
Thank you Timmy10Shoes
for the modified xml.
Free md5 sum checker
Use the back USB ports on a desktop. On a laptop it does not matter. Use usb 2.0 ports as there are issues with usb 3.0 and rsdlite.
Everything you download will be to your computer desktop.
1. Download one of the FXZ files. Use the md5 sum checker to make sure the sums match and the file is not corrupt.
2. Download Motorola drivers to your desktop or use Moto helper device manager.
3. When it is done downloading click on it and install
4. download RSDLite 5.7 to your desktop.
5. When it is done downloading click on it and install
6. start RSDLite 5.7 picture
7. turn phone off
8. press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time on the phone. The fastboot menu will appear.
9. plug your bionic into your computer with the cable that came with the phone.
10. Click on RSDLite, you should see your phone listed. picture
11. click on your phone to highlight.
12. click on "..." symbol. picture
13. navigate to the 5.9.905 or 6.7.246 file location and select that file. picture
14. on the next pop up select uncompress and start flashing. picture
15. let the program run until your phone reboots. rsdlite screen will say 22/22 complete.
16. when the green android is up you are done.
17. click on the green man and log in with your google account.
Some time RSDLite does not say complete but the android will show up on your phone. It is complete don't worry about the warnings.
Make sure your laptop battery is charged or you have a backup power supply for your desktop. Just to be safe.
If RSDLite is giving you issues there is a manual way to flash the files using fastboot.
download this file and unzip. moto-fastboot
unzip your 5.9.905, 6.7.246 or 98.72.22 fxz file (the one you downloaded from above) to the same location as moto-fastboot
Put your phone into fastboot mode by press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time on the phone. The fastboot menu will appear. plug your phone into your computer.
navigate in windows to the location you have everything unzipped to. click on the file symbol in the top left corner and when the bar becomes highlighted type cmd and enter if you have win 7. A comand prompt will come up. If not go to start and type cmd and hit enter. when the prompt comes up type cd c:\location of file with moto-fastboot and fxz file unziped
type and hit enter after each step
moto-fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
moto-fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin
moto-fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin
moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin
moto-fastboot erase cache
moto-fastboot erase userdata
moto-fastboot flash lbl lbl
moto-fastboot flash ebr ebr
moto-fastboot flash mbr mbr
moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
moto-fastboot flash system system.img
moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
moto-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
moto-fastboot flash webtop grfs.img (skip this step if you are using a JB fxz)
moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img
you should be on 5.9.905, 6.7.246 or 98.72.22
all your data except on your sd-ext will be erased. If you want to keep your data skip the step for erase userdata.