View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #4736 (permalink)
willyjay

Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus; HP Touchpad; Droid X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
What willyjay said

Just so ya know, remember when you backed up/nandroid'd? That blue text menu screen? That is CWM (clockworkmod) recovery.

You can either flash in CWM like you would a ROM or kernel or other flashable mod, or you could move the .zip with Root Explorer or File Explorer to the proper location as willy said.

To flash, dnld to your PC, hook your phone up, drop it on the virtual SD card (your phone) NOT inside a folder just by itself, reboot into CWM (through ROM Manager), install zip from sd card, choose zip from sdcard, select it, confirm and flash it, "go back" till you can select reboot system now. Volume button scrolls and power button makes selection.
Thanks jbdan!

I prefer extracting just the bootanimation.zip and moving it myself, that way I don't have to restore a nandroid if I don't like it. I actually have a couple of boot animation zip files in /data/local and just rename them when I want to try a new one.

Curious...does flashing from a folder mess up a zip install? I usually put flashable zips (roms, mods etc.) in the root directory of the sd card, but I've tried to clean things up by moving them into folders, then flashing/installing the zips from there.....is this a no-no?