View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
blackdog709
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by En4cer2k11 View Post
I had been wanting a new phone to replace my year old G2, and was thinking about the Galaxy S II. But after learning about the Galaxy Player, I realized I didn' really need a new "phone" necessarily, just a new device. I barely even use my phone as an actual phone anyway. I'm typing this message from my Galaxy Player right now I must say that this device is everything I wanted in a new smartphone while saving about $60 and an extra 2 years that I would have paid for a GS2. I resisted the notion of getting a tablet for a while because I figured it would be very redundant considering that fact that I already have a smartphone AND a NetBook. But this thing is so convenient because of its size. Clearly, it is a tablet. I don't understand why it is not marketed as so. Galaxy TAB 5.0 would suit it better. But the fact that its only 5 inches makes it the only POCKETABLE tablet on the market (to my knowledge). The fact that I also happen to own a T-Mobile wifi Hotspot means that I can literally go anywhere and never be without wifi access. Its the perfect combination!
I opted for the 5.0 because I felt the 4.0 was too close to the size of my G2 and with the same size battery (1300 mah). I wanted something bigger. The screen is perfect for watching videos and I honestly can't see myself even using my phone for media anymore. Its too small now! Lol
@End4Cer...
Welcome to the 5-0 Club. Ain't it awesome? Just feels like about the best kept tech secret of 2011! I am still frigging amazed at this device. Pocketable, great screen, full gingerbread and no data contract! I've go wifi just about everywhere I go. Plus that great 2500 mAh battery!
The Following User Says Thank You to blackdog709 For This Useful Post:
BigDaddyDeon (March 12th, 2012)