View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #42 (permalink)
ACMobius

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Cool bubble upnp

I used hamachi myself and they even fooled me into vuying their crappy ignituon rdp hoping it had vpn support...no such luck, i actually found that streaming is the best way to go...i use a combination of tversity and bubble upnp server on my comp and bubble upnp on my thunderbolt....

Tversity creates a dlna media server that advertises folders i tell it to on my home network...
Bubble upnp servee makes it easy to open the tversity server to the internet...
And bubble upnp app via its server counterpart on my comp allows me to access my movies music and shows anywhere i have internet....bubble also allows tethering meaning it can grant access to say a dlna tv on your friends network from your house a map would be this:
Your homeN --> internet --> your phone --> your friends Tv via thier homeN
It may seem a little complicated but its really notand everything is free except the bubble upnp phone app...it has a 30 min cap free edition to trial it though...
I highly recommend this as your solution...it is the easiest i have found for such things...
Bubble app also allows downloading to your device and is not restricted to music or movies...you can download anything....
Other recommendations:
RDP: teamviewer
File transfering local net: wireless transfer pro