View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
MPWheeler

Device(s): HTC Evo 3D, Lenovo Ideapad K1
Carrier: Not Provided

I had problems getting my micro SD card to seat correctly. If I remember correctly after pushing it in I had to push down gently on the end of the card to get it to lock into place. Otherwise it kept springing out of the slot. After it locked into place I got a message saying something like "Do not remove the SD card without unmounting it. Data may be lost otherwise." Once I saw that I knew I had it mounted correctly.

The location of the photos taken with the camera on the K1 are stored in the Local Storage/DCIM/Camera folder. The Gallery just shows you what photos you have on the K1. Open the file manager and go to the Local Storage/DCIM/Camera folder. You should see small thumbnails of the photos you have taken.

To move them to the external_sd card do the following:

1. From the Local Storage/DCIM/Camera folder click Edit on the top right. Use your finger and press the thumbnail of the photo you want to move and a checkmark should appear on the thumbnail. Continue putting checkmarks on the thumbnails you want to move.
2. Now select Operation, Move on the top right menu.
3. Now hit the back arrow on the top left and go back to the Local Storage/ folder.
4. Now click external_sd/Photos (or whatever you named the folder) Once in the folder you want to move the photos to, select Operation, Paste. You should see thumbnails of all the photos you put checkmarks on. If you go back to the Local Storage/DCIM/Camera folder, the thumbnails of the photos should be gone. If you see thumbnails in the external_sd/Photos folder you have moved them successfully.

I hope this helps.

Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to MPWheeler For This Useful Post:
gatorpond (February 2nd, 2012)