View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
HippoMan
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkzanyj View Post
If you're talking about blocking the call so that the phone doesn't even get the call at all, even voicemail, that can't be done on the handset -- but it is something that you can call your carrier about and talk to them about. Most phone companies, for a fee, can block a specific number from calling you and they get some sort of message instead of a ring on their end.
Actually, I wasn't thinking clearly, and I do realize that blocking, per se, is out of the question, unless it's done by the carrier.

But I'd still like to do conditional call forwarding, such that calls from certain incoming numbers get forwarded to a phone number of my choice, and calls from other incoming numbers don't.

This conditional forwarding is the feature that I think someone could write an Android app to implement. Based on these responses, I guess that such an app doesn't currently exist, and so now, I'm thinking that I should try to write it, myself.

PS: I'm now thinking that there might indeed be a form of "blocking" that could be implemented within an Android app: instead of ringing the phone or routing to voice mail, simply open the line and immediately hang up on the call if it's from a number that I want to "block". I'm going to investigate if there's a way to do this via an Android app.

Thanks for your reply.
Last edited by HippoMan; June 17th, 2009 at 05:36 PM.