View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #69 (permalink)
sadielynn
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Nexus 4-rooted stock, Dell Streak 7-rooted stock, LG Optimus V-ColdAsIce rom (retired)
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBiker View Post
Wow, karandpr and 9to5cynic, glad you're available to help. But seriously, it's absurd that a new Mint user should need to be editing config files and executing command line programs to recover a package manager database. Defeats the whole point of a distribution designed for newbies!

If this gets too hairy, suggest you just install over it again. The nice thing about a live DVD distribution is that you can totally hose it and all you need to do is reboot and you're golden again. It's a good way to debug risky operations that would be hard to back out of with a full install.

I know, I love having that cd! Makes things a little less OMG the sky is falling! when things mess up.

On the other hand tho, as much as a pita I'm probably being to these nice folks helping me, I'd rather do all this stuff and learn what it's all about. Makes it easier to figure out how it all works and helps me fix my own problems (or not make them!) in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sadielynn For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (January 15th, 2012)