View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
TheTenthLetter

Device(s): ZTE Warp (Rooted/Stock ROM)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxville363 View Post
Here is a suggestion.....download GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD. It is free from the market and a wayyyyyyyy better keyboard.
Does anyone know if the Paid version ($1.99) "collects personal information" including "passwords and credit card numbers" like the Free version does? I couldn't find any info readily available on this topic; I don't really want sensitive data like that collected, and on top of THAT it also requests permission to collect AUDIO CAPTURES as well (like... your calls!). WTF and WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME TYPING?! I understand you "get what you pay for," but these were a dealbreaker for me.

Any other good keyboard apps out there (i.e. ones that don't do that and are still functional??) I've had the Warp for going on three weeks now and typing is still just as frustrating as the day I got it. Tonight, I picked up that old, trusty, beat-up Incognito of mine and pounded out a couple of not-going-anywhere-in-particular text messages out and ahhh, it felt so right! I'm almost thinking of picking up a new one of those (getting cheap now!) or at least getting my hands on a Transform Ultra for a bit... #touchscreentypingihateit
Last edited by TheTenthLetter; January 15th, 2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: typos, OCD