View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #90 (permalink)
sadielynn
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Nexus 4-rooted stock, Dell Streak 7-rooted stock, LG Optimus V-ColdAsIce rom (retired)
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9to5cynic View Post
A tip so you don't go through a boat load of cds (like I did) - use a usb drive. You can download UNetbootin or another tool. This will burn the install to a usb device and it will install (if your BIOS support usb as boot device).
--
Too bad about all this linux mint non-sense, hope it hasn't put a bad taste in your mouth (mint joke, sorry). Everytime I've used it, it has been very nice, sorry it seemed like a flop this time around.

Yeah, one of these days I'll get a usb drive...money's tight right now in fact I probably shouldn't have bought those dvds today...but yeah a usb would be cheaper in the long run.

Honestly, it's probably not mints fault, I probably screwed something up lol. Although even with then new install it just did with the dvd, my brand new left mouse button still doesn't want to work right, and some other issues, so I'm not all that sure anymore...I'm hoping it all resolves with one of the other distro's I'm trying. If not I'll try completely wiping out everything with a new install and see if that helps.

Basically, everything was fine right off the bat, I just couldn't let it be, lol