View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
darkuni
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4(LTE) Rooted, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition Rooted, Asus Nexus 7 Rooted, NVidia Sh
Carrier: Verizon

darkuni

It's worth noting there are dozens of tools similar to the functionality here in File Expert.

Many people use SwiFTP - and I did too before I found FE. I haven't done any BENCHMARKS, but FE appears to be CONSIDERABLY faster than SwiFTP in file transfers - it might be worth checking it out.

There are also many "virtual desktop" type apps for Android as well. I choose to use File Expert because I can get to what I need faster and the "webtop" piece feels better written than some of the others I've used.

Which of the two methods do I use the most? The FTP. My file manager has integeated FTP support that literally makes getting files off my phone a single button click experience with FE being on the phone. I have FE installed on each Android device in the house - and even while my kid is watching video on the Nook Color, I can be moving more shows over wirelessly. I have configurations in my file manager for all my android devices. I can even use Directory Opus to copy BETWEEN devices (my Transformer and my Nexus, for example).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkuni For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (January 16th, 2012), higge (June 13th, 2012), LadyMarissa (August 5th, 2012)