View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
gamul1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Incredible - rooted; Xoom wifi stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Changes from Thrive to Excite

From what I can tell, Toshiba took a beating on the Thrive because of its bulk, both thickness and weight.

It seems that at the least, Toshiba dumped the full size USB and HDMI ports from the Excite design. But what about the replaceable battery option? My guess is that also went away but I am not sure.

Given that my Xoom battery is already not lasting as long as when new, I'm getting about 6 hours of solid use instead of 1 day plus, I was pretty excited about this option in the Thrive. While the Thrive is too outdated to consider any more, I was hoping Toshiba would carry through this aspect on upgraded models.

I could not find a site that gave a great break down between the differences between the Thrive and the Excite. If someone had that I would appreciate it.
Phone = HTC Incredible - rooted as of 2/20/2011 4:18 PM.
Tablet1 = Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition. Old but still working Tablet: Xoom Wi-Fi :: stock, not currently planning to root but probably will eventually
Favorite saying: Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever.
Gamul = first initial ; middle initial ; first 3 letters of last name