View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
dang132281

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelf View Post

Going to look into if I can stream video to a Tv or from hard drive to this device, DNLA? haven't a clue how to do it

marcel
I've been using a free app called iMediaShare, which lets me stream videos from the SGP to my AppleTV(2nd gen). It's a pretty straightforward process and works really well for me considering almost all of my videos are in iTunes format, but that's where it might fall short for you unfortunately. This app wasn't able to stream any of my avi files, only the mp4/m4v/mkv files, so if most of yours are in avi format, this app probably wouldn't be a good fit for you since you'd have to spend way too much time converting them in Handbrake or something like that.

But I figured I'd pass it along anyways, and if you happen to a Roku, Xbox 360, or another DNLA device "connected" to your TV rather than the AppleTV like I do, who knows? Those probably allow a wider variety of formats to be streamed through them compared to Apple's tightly-run ship.

Good luck finding an app that works if this one doesn't; I know it made me love this SGP even more once I was able to stream to my TV.