View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Cursed4Eva
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx View Post
Just to confirm too,

have somebody tried and report this ROM that I downloaded? Is it working well with them?
(TLSS_A501_3.2_Little_Honey.zip)

Downloading another ROM will gonna be "time-consuming" for my condition right now, I just hope this ROM will works. I will still try to looking on another ROM, even I don't really understand. hehe.

Thanks bro Cursed4Eva
If it didnt work try this one bro...

[ROM] Falcon Acer A501 4.015.01 & 4.031.24 & A500 7.006.03 [HC 3.2][CWM&root] - xda-developers

Since you said you dont understand let me try to explain it to you

ROMs are versions of the operating system that are edited/modded by various developers

Sometimes ROMS are left as close to stock roms as possible with the exception of just being rooted (like the one in my link for the a500)

Sometimes they are heavily modded like the latest video I have uploaded (THOR ROM)

To give you an example...

There is an app called QUADRANT that measures the performance of devices by giving it a value... The Stock Acer Iconia scores about 1600-1700 whereas the THOR ROM scores 3000+ (well unfortunately the thor rom is not available for a501)

So once you are rooted you can choose to install any version of the firmware(ROMS)

Watch my latest tutorial (that should be uploaded in about 2 hours from the time of this post) to understand how to play with ROMS, switching between them without losing any data... Once you learn and start doing this... you are never going to stick to the stock rom again.

Sorry to have gone on and on... just trying to explain

Hope I helped

Cursed4Eva
The Following User Says Thank You to Cursed4Eva For This Useful Post:
chenx (January 19th, 2012)