Thread: Support No internet access
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Frisco
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): HTC One, Galaxy Tab 7" 2 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,262 Times in 5,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalspirit View Post
Hi every one not sure if this is the right place to post but any way here I go....

Got a new Blaze U8510 Android phone from Phones4you.
Very nice and the WIFI works great in my house as I have a WIFI point with Virgin.
But this is where my problem comes in, whne I leave the house out of range of my WIFI I of course can not get any Internet access, so is there another way to get Internet access when I am out of range as I find others can do this but I can not as yet.

Any help will be great,
TIA,

Mike.
Hello digitalspirit. Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you do not have a data plan with a carrier such as Virgin Mobile. If you call them and set up a plan, you'll get internet access everywhere they have towers.

If it's mobile wifi hotspots only that you want to use as internet access, you don't need a data plan with a carrier, and can just set up your device to detect wifi hotspots on the fly. Go into the "wifi and networks" (or some such wording in your menu > settings) and you'll see menu items for doing just that.

I've moved your thread to the U8510 device area for you, where others with that phone will help you with the particulars.