View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
sirwes

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Angry Car Dock

First of all let me say I'm extremely disappointed with my new Android phone and tablet. I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket (for starters that name is ******ed). Andriod, and thus Google needs to understand that the experience of using a smart phone is much more than what the phone will do. It is what the phone will do with accessories. I dumped my iPhone 4S because I must have 4G data. Now I learn there are virtually no accessories available for this phone.

As far as a car dock what you want is a ProClipUsa custom mount. ProClipUsa is the gold standard for car docks. You put in your model, year, and make of car and they have a custom made part to attach to your dash (usually two or three options) without any glue or screws (and thus it will leave no marks when you remove it). Then you buy the custom dock for you model of phone. For most people this will work.

I just learn however, that this will not work for me because my 2012 Hyundai Sonata has a proprietary USB cable (which actually has two jacks connect as one) and that they sell those cables for iPhones but not for Andriod phones.

Google has something like $50 Billion in cash sitting around. If Google is serious about making a play in the smart phone market Google needs to do what it takes to insure that accessories will be available. Perhaps if Google bought a company like Logitech and made accessories for everything not Apple products.