View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #127 (permalink)
durgan

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I was all set to sign up for the forum simply so that I could lavish you with gratitude.... but this didn't work for me. Like you, I stupidly set the slide lock with a pattern. Unlike you, however, this reset didn't work. I got all excited because I finally had a key combination that said it was heading toward a factory reset.... then I got presented with a lovely field of chromatic snow....then "Extracting data".... followed by "Extracting data failed, please check your zSYS file" I've had this for less than 24 hours. No SD card to dump stuff onto and try and sneak in a back door and no wifi or 3G internet connection to try things that way. I have NO problem whatsoever wiping the little I've done so far on the tablet because, really, I haven't done anything yet other than royally screw up. Is there any way I could sideload anything on a USB thumb drive to jump start this little sucker? ANY help at all would be appreciated. It's now 3 in the morning here and I feel sick to my stomach... it's the first thing I've owned in 12 years that wasn't a hand me down. What an idiot I am.

Molli it appears you are on the right track. Aside from not having a Micro SD on hand I take it you've already found the rom you need to restore your tablet? If not there's post by Dart on Jan. 6th with a link that will take you to it. I made the same mistake you did and put a slide code on my system. Just like your situation, it didn't work so I had to wipe and start anew. I'll look into the possibility of booting it from usb thumbdrive. I wouldn't hold my breath tho. In the meantime see if you can get a hold of a micro SD card, maybe a friend will have one that you can borrow. Or possibly any piece of other hardware you have that supports it (digital cam, phone etc.) Just remember, the good news is you aren't looking at a permanent problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to durgan For This Useful Post:
Molli (January 19th, 2012)