Thread: Accessory Transformer cases
View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
theandies

Device(s): htc Aria - Retired :-( Transformer Prime Nook Color (Rooted) htc Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Just bought this sleeve off ebay
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Overall the product is nice. Well built, metal zippers and an internal flap to hold the device and protect it from the zipper. External pouch with zipper which is a nice touch for HDMI cable, stylus etc. Neoprene inside and out.

The product was described as an Asus Transformer Prime sleeve. It is actually more of the iPad form factor as evident because of the extra 1/2 inch in height in landscape position. I'm going over to a friend’s house for the games tomorrow and check it with his iPad 2. The description did say it can accommodate the dock and the tablet but since I don't have a dock (will get one eventually) it may be just enough room for the hinge.

This is a shot of the protective flap. The Prime fits but there is a lot of space between it and the top of this flap. Again I think the dock will take up most of this space by adding the hinge and thickness.

The last shot is the Prime sitting inside the sleeve on top of the internal flap. You can see how much bigger the sleeve is.

Overall it's an eBay hit or miss special. There are probably a lot of better fitting sleeves out there but for $16 and free shipping (not to mention I received it in two days) it's not a bad sleeve. I just don't think its Prime specific, it's more of a generic sleeve. The most negative thing was a plastic business card holder inside where the screen would be in contact with. I didn't like the way it felt so I cut it out. It came out easily. Made in China so we'll see how it holds up.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by theandies; January 21st, 2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: REVIEW ADDED