View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #74 (permalink)
mikekelso421
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): [HTC Evo 4G]Mik 3.11 w/ ICS Theme/MetrogenMod 4.5,[Lg Optimus M] My EZ Rider 2.2.2 w/ My ICS Theme
Carrier: Not Provided

mikekelso420@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyll View Post
Hi everyone and please be patient with me. I want to root my OM 2.2.2 but I'm not as sure of myself as you guys are...would you please answer a few questions for me?

I have baseband version: MS690ZV6_00.6050 and Kernel version: 2.6.32.9

1. What is the purpose of GINM custom recovery and do I have to do this?
2. Can I keep all my present settings and ROM?. All I want to do is get rid of the MetroPCS crapware and get to the blocked files.

Thanks again everyone!
the purpose of recovery is basically to make your phone "brick-proof"...as long as you have a recovery on your phone,there are NO software related issues that cant be resolved...another reason would be to flash modified OS's to your phone..like repards or bobz's CM7 (gingerbread) or my or joniedys froyo ROMs...also you can make backup of your phone so that you will always have a good revert point in case you mess something up or delete the wrong app...there is NOTHING BUT BENEFITS to recovery on your phone..

once the program is finished,go into recovery and make a backup...its a self explanatory process once you go into recovery mode...the instructions are in the OP...(Original Post)