Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia
If you can't find an RUU for your phone/carrier, try a generic RUU for a phone of the same model. These will start with "HTC" instead of a carrier name. Again, make sure that it's for the same model (ie, PG76xxxx) as your phone.
If you get errors trying to update with the RUU executable (ie, 171-USB error, 191-ROM Not Supported) chances are you can overcome them by flashing the ROM from your MicroSDHC card using this procedure:
1) Run the RUU again and look for the temp folder it created, usually something like
2) Find rom_02.zip in a subfolder of that folder and rename it PG76IMG.zip
3) Copy PG76IMG.zip onto the root directory of your MicroSDHC card
4) Shutdown the phone, pull and reinsert the battery and reinstall the MicroSDHC card
5) Boot into bootloader (hold volume down and press power)
6) Wait for it to load PG76IMG.zip and press volume up ("yes") to install
7) Shut the phone down and delete PG76IMG.zip from the MicroSDHC card
8) Boot into bootloader again and you should see ***_LOCKED_(OOW)_*** with a bootloader version of H-BOOT-1.08.0099 below. Move onto 3C below
For me this was the hardest step, and I can confirm to others reading this that the flashing ROM from your MicroSDHC does work.
I just want to confirm something with OP (CafeKampuchia). CafeKampuchia, when I did this step I found it was necessary to use the Asia RUU, because the Europe RUU only had 1 zip inside.
Also, within the Aisa RUU there were 2 zips (rom_1.zip and rom_2.zip), and I was instructed to exectute rom_1.zip on the SDcard first (this one just updates the radio), and then rom_2.zip (which updates radio and hboot). Not sure if this info is valid for everyone, but it did 100% work for me. Let me know if things have changed recently (maybe the Europe RUU was updated) and I can edit out this post (to avoid confusion).
Thanks again for the kick-ass guide.