View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
CafeKampuchia
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanked 1,126 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyerwyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
1) Run the RUU again and look for the temp folder it created, usually something like
C:\Users\[YourLoginNameHere]\AppData\Local\Temp\{82B23FCD-D5D0-45CA-A3A2-5350D3926551}
2) Find rom_02.zip in a subfolder of that folder and rename it PG76IMG.zip
3) Copy PG76IMG.zip onto the root directory of your MicroSDHC card
I just want to confirm something with OP (CafeKampuchia). CafeKampuchia, when I did this step I found it was necessary to use the Asia RUU, because the Europe RUU only had 1 zip inside.

Also, within the Aisa RUU there were 2 zips (rom_1.zip and rom_2.zip), and I was instructed to exectute rom_1.zip on the SDcard first (this one just updates the radio), and then rom_2.zip (which updates radio and hboot). Not sure if this info is valid for everyone, but it did 100% work for me. Let me know if things have changed recently (maybe the Europe RUU was updated) and I can edit out this post (to avoid confusion).
Thanks for the heads up. Did you use the "HTC Asia India" RUU? I don't see a pure "HTC Asia" on the list. When I did it the HTC European RUU (PG7610000_Marvel_hboot_1.08.0099_20111216.exe) had both, the one that updates the HBOOT being rom_2.zip as it seems to have been the case with your Asian RUU. I'm curious to know which European RUU you tried that only had one.

Thanks again for the positive feedback on the guide!

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
fyerwyer (January 21st, 2012)