Originally Posted by troymc8
Thanks so much for everything. I successfully unlocked my phone and installed Mr. X's Rooted Telus Rom with CIQ removed. I wanted to install that Ice Cream theme. I am slightly confussed on how to do it, and the telus dialer. Do you have a link with installation of themes on the phone?
Thanks again mate, will donate.
Ok, I just looked quasi's thread on XDA and he deleted his old themes
Lucky for you I still had them on my computer
The theme works fine except for one thing: the dialer will force close if you go into an area with no reception.
The other option is to flash Juggernaut 4.1 and then install Quasi's theme from XDA for this rom. My experience was I found the Mr. X rom to have better battery but the downside is there are less themes compatible with it.
Here is how to flash it:
Quasi's XDA ICS Theme for Mr. X Telus Rom:
1. Download these 2 files and copy them to a folder on your phone. Remember which folder this is.
Dialer Fix for Mr. X Telus
2. Reboot your phone into recovery (see front page on how to do this).
3. Do a nandroid backup by selecting backup in the main recovery menu
4. In the main recovery menu, select WIPE CACHE. Then go to advanced and select WIPE DALVIK.
5. In the main recovery menu, select INSTALL ZIP. On your recovery you may have more than one option: Install Zip from SDCARD or Install ZIP from Internal. Choose the one that will let you navigate to the folder you saved the 2 zip files in to (either on your phone or external sd card).
6. Install the ICS Complete zip first. Then install the dialer fix zip.
7. Then wipe cache and dalvik again to be sure of a clean install. Then go to advanced from the main recovery menu and select FIX PERMISSIONS.
Then reboot and enjoy.
*A usual rule of thumb is to always wipe dalvik cache and cache before and after installing a theme. Then fix permissions.
If your phone bootloops for whatever reason, don't panic. Just turn it off, boot into recovery and go into backups/restore and restore your nandroid backup.