View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM   #115 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts

I am not sure what areas in New York have LTE but do this, go to menu.settings.about phone and see what is listed under network. That is the best way to tell for sure.

From everything I have read the cards are fine as long as they are not the ols cingular card....the provisioning on the account is the important part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midiman View Post
Never tried that. I like to keep the phone by the headboard when I sleep but I have a nice little tillable, portable laptop stand that's perfect for bedside. Have never charged from the PC. Will give it a shot with one of the two known cables that causes problems with select chargers. Not ALL chargers.

Maybe I should call them and ger a free battery too. I took it up to the store today and took advantage of their price guaranty. I got $50 knocked off my bill because they lowered the price that much a week after I bought it. Tomorrow is day 30 for me.

I mentioned the SIM issue. Others are posting pics of their LTE SIMS and claiming they all have green blocks on one side. Mine is blue in that area. They said I have the right SIM and the color is not indicative of anything. They said if I had the wrong SIM, my data connection would probably not work properly. I'm not convinced so I had planned to call and ask about it tomorrow anyway. How would I know? I don't think we have LTE here but I'm not even sure of that. I was halfway down the block when I thought to ask.