View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Nsikes

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy mini GT S5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare98 View Post
OK, I had the same problem: NOTHING was showing up in the notifications bar... Then I went on the internet wich BTW didn't help at all! That's when I started playing with it.
Just be stubborn... Keep pressing usb debugging while the usb cable is connected. just keep pressing it, don't ask why! And then the you will see notification tab saying usb is now connected use as mass storage device, or somethig like that, BUT DON'T PRESS IT!!! You will have to wait for usb debugging to debug the connection between the SGM and the PC! After about 20 min try to click connect to PC!!! Hope it helps, worked for me!
well what d'ya know...

its the answer stumbled on by accident that actually works. except I didn't have to wait a couple of seconds to connect. Plus you'll only have to do this the first time. It wont be necessary even if you change ports. still yet to test it on a different comp though.

if i got this correctly
1) plug in your mini. (besides an error sound from your computer, nothing will happen. not even on the droid.)
2) settings > applications> development and tick off USB debugging. (that's when it gets recognized and the option to connect to mass storage notifies. but even if you press connect USB debugging re-selects itself so no avail. i got a not installed for the card USB device on the computer.)
3) here's the catch if you press connect android 2.3.4 will automatically re-select debug. so directly after you press connect press the return key to go back to development and untick USB debugging every time it re-selects itself continuously.

it really is a 15 second procedure. No kidding. that's when you'll get an orange droid confirming the connection and the tray should notify you of the rest of the installation.
lot easier in practice.