Thread: General We Want ICS!
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
sharpe351

Device(s): Asus Transformer TF101 Prime ROM, Motorola Triumph on CM7 running OC kernal, White PDN tablet, Views
Carrier: Not Provided

Alltogether, this is unnerving. This phone should have come with, at least, Gingerbread as the factory installed OS. It is rediculous that neither VM, nor Motorola would think that with the highly problematic Froyo that came with the phone originally, that they shouldn't need to do an update. Really?! Other phones have updates, even the cheap ones (maybe not to ICS, but Gingerbread for sure). I happen to like this phone, alot, and seeing the devs step up and build ROMs that far exceeded my expectations is phenominal.

Now to the nitty-gritty. ICS is the next biggest thing to come down the pipe for ALL phones/devices. It would be a real coup to see Motorolla or VM step-up and get it to run on such a capable device such as the Triumph. We've proven that (to say the least) the phone will support the ICS ROM. A kernal upgrade would need to be in the order of buisness in that case (for finalizing), but our phones are more than capable of using it. Now, that being said, I personally would not, root, flash, or Overclock if we got ICS as an OS for our phones. On the phones that I actually have used it on, I don't really see a need for it. The performance is smooth and the I/O functions are quick and efficient. Mind you there are people that will do such things, for other reasons, like using CM9 - which, I would gladly use, because it works great. Anyhow, If there is a portion of this rant that anyone would like to use in the form letter for VM/Motorola, fell free to do so.

-Mike

*edit* I submitted a question on VM's website regarding this very concern. Let's see if they approve it and let it post up to their site.
Last edited by sharpe351; January 24th, 2012 at 10:27 AM.