Thread: General We Want ICS!
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
marc12868
AF Contributor

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nokia Lumia 521 (meh), HTC G2, 32GB Nexus 7.2 (AWESOME!)
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Send a message via Yahoo to marc12868 Send a message via Skype™ to marc12868 marc12868@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbug View Post
I'm going to go out and buy a Chevy Camaro and demand that GM upgrade it to a Corvette.

Honestly, people. Don't buy a phone based on wishes. I've upgraded my phone to CM7. (thanks, Tickerguy, it's wonderful) If the dedicated and far smarter than me devs on this site manage to get ICS up and running, I'm there. But it will be icing on an already pretty sweet cake. We're not in a position to demand anything.
Actually we, the consumer, have all the right to demand anything we want. With something that wouldn't take all that much effort from the company like a software update, we can demand it all we want. We are the ones who provide the money that lets VM stay a business and survive and if they get threatened enough I'm sure they'll do something. I personally don't care, because I know VM... It would be nice to actually get an official update, but we will eventually have an unofficial port anyways so in the long run it doesn't really matter, but VM thinks we all are still on 2.2 (probably not but still), so to get a software update, is not that big of a demand really every company does it (pretty much)...
The Following User Says Thank You to marc12868 For This Useful Post:
UnixPimp (January 27th, 2012)