View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
dhendriksen

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by etpsa;[URL="tel:3842041"
3842041[/URL]]I'm wondering if the VGA out supports an extended screen (Show an application on lapdock screen and Firefox on the second (VGA out) screen) or does it only mirror what is on the lapdock display?

Thanks!
I was at the VZW Store today grabbing a new sim card for my XOOM and I noticed they had the Lapdock500 finally (I had almost given up it ever coming to market!) so I bought it. I am actually typing on it right now.

The thing is great. I haven't had time to test many features yet, but today I will test what you're asking about. I'll hop in my board room and hook it up to the projector, then see what happens. I'm guessing it will just mirror my screen, but we'll see.

Here's one thing that I can't figure out. How in the hell are people are making use of that dock/tray thing that is supposed to hold the phone? The stupid cord is so long that it just bunches up and makes it almost impossible to insert it as shown in the "instruction booklet". Right now I just have the phone sitting on my desktop, but that isn't going to work for when I'm sitting at the airport trying to use this on my lap. I'd love to see/hear how others are doing that.

I'll post more feelings about it after I spend some time with it. So far I am impressed. It is much better than the lapdock that I had for my Bionic (although the "dock" for the Bionic was far superior to this stupid cord).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhendriksen For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (January 24th, 2012), twospirits (January 24th, 2012)