View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #6189 (permalink)
Lucky Armpit

Device(s): Motorola Razr Maxx, Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
hello, I have a music player issue. More like a puzzle that I can't resolve. I am a music producer, I placed some rough mixes of new but not yet released songs on my phone. I have now later versions of these songs with slightly modified titles. and although I have removed all previous songs, totally deleted them and even disabled and enabled the music player and made sure my Google Music account is totally empty, the Music Player simply refuses to update the name of these songs. No matter what I do, it keeps showing the old names with edit version numbers, even though it's playing the latest files.

I have also looked at all folders to see if there is a cache anywhere, but none to be found. Music Player was cleared already.

Furthermore, I installed another player app and it was still showing the old song names.

What the hell is going on?
Did you actually delete the songs from the Google Music web account? I think you said you did, but I'm double-checking. That's the only way I've found to actually get rid of things in Google Music. It's nice that it imports things from iTunes automatically, but you have to actually exit the client and restart it for it to detect the changes. Have you tried that as well?