Thread: General We Want ICS!
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #45 (permalink)
Whyzor

Device(s): LG Optimus F6 (unlocked, rooted, & debloated)
Carrier: RedPocket, Lyca, Ptel, AirVoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef7 View Post
FWIW: On Jan 25, I received an email from VM Customer Care, which in part read:

"Regarding your email, the 2.3 Android version will be available in Virgin Mobile soon. Unfortunately, we do not have the exact date in which this update will be released in our company.

Please accept our apologies for being unable to give you a different response other than this one. You can keep track of this at
www.virginmobileusa.com since our website will be one of the first channels Virgin Mobile will use to inform our customers about this upgrade."

There are hundreds of thousands of users on VMUSA with the Triumph. I believe it is a very good phone that brought many to VM. I think they are listening, but I do not believe they alone are in a position to announce an update. There are numerous stakeholders that have to sign off on a SW update. This has been discussed over on the Motorola Owner's Forum.
Hmm, this looks promising. Maybe it'll fix some of the annoying bugs in the stock & CM7 (random ignored touches, partial wakelocks...etc). At least it would give us a better base to port CM9/ICS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whyzor For This Useful Post:
sharpe351 (January 26th, 2012)