Thread: General We Want ICS!
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
marc12868
AF Contributor

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nokia Lumia 521 (meh), HTC G2, 32GB Nexus 7.2 (AWESOME!)
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Send a message via Yahoo to marc12868 Send a message via Skype™ to marc12868 marc12868@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinichAjaw View Post
Read the quote from a previous post Sharpe made, regarding Motorola's dev phone policy. If Motorola is refusing to even give *that* a chance, let alone releasing the kernel, then there's little recourse through given channels.

I still remain hopeful that VM and Motorola change their mind, I just don't expect it considering what was posted about Motorola.
And honestly? It seems more like the VM stuff is all just standard form letters. Like "your opinion matters. Thanks! We'll send it to the higher ups."

Also-while 2.3 is a start, that's not ICS. I'm appreciative of whatever we have, and the dedication of devs who work their butts off to give us righteous software. Just don't expect it formally with an endorsement from the big companies who has teh moneis.
That's true... Like I've said multiple times I'm not expecting anything from moto and especially nothing from VM it would be nice, and more stable than other roms, but most likely won't happen. Even if they did come out with 2.3 update I don't know that I would update, cuz I like the features of cm7, maybe if they came out with a ICS update I would. But yea I'm not expecting anything from VM especially considering it took them like half a year to update the Intercept to 2.2 which was just 1 os version newer and when 2.3 was already rolling out...

Edit: also I know that almost all the updates for every phone aren't even official they are all made by the community not the company, if companies would release source codes it would make it so much easier, especially since they don't seem to care at all.