View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #327 (permalink)
new optimus

Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaexstarr View Post
i followed the steps and downloaded the emulator to check if my phone was rooted, and the #, confirmed it. my problem is, idk if the:

" To install new Recovery Menu for 2.2. phones and get service back go to this thread Then install a program from market called anreboot. Install the app and open it up, then select reboot system. If everything went alright your phone will restart and it will have service and will be rooted. "

applied to me. (i apologize, i have a mental handicap) so i skipped that. i got down to the "reboot to recovery" (which i didn't know how to do so i pressed down vol + power off and obviously, i did something wrong. my phone just stays on the android boot screen. Can someone help me please???
Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
I would not use the method in this thread, that was the old way and that rom is not working out of the box. use this instead
For Downgrading, or putting Stock rom on

Now on to specifics. for the problem reg the dll you need to turn off user account control
it will stop the dll reg.
go to start menu control panel user accounts UAC slide the slider to the bottom restart the computer.
For the spc there are a couple methods the easiest is to go to
android - whiterabbit.org
put in your phone esn and it will give you the metromsl/spc
you can use lgnpst to fix it, look at the post I made the rom you used is old and not usable use the updated methods. also 2.2.2 can be rooted now so you may be able to use the lg updater and go back to 2.2.2 then root it.
The Following User Says Thank You to new optimus For This Useful Post:
jaexstarr (January 27th, 2012)