View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 54,858 Times in 21,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350X View Post
Well you can't be locking tethering threads [like mine that was posted today in LG OV section] if your going to allow and have rooting and breaking threads and forum section.

Using tethering on my OV, which is a built in stock function, doing no root or mods, just downloading an app from the built in market. is legal.

and "Here's something to consider. According to the Privacy Policy that ships on every Android phone, 3rd party apps don't violate the TOS. They can follow their own rules. As far as I know this includes GingerBreak, PDANet, FoxFi etc."

which means makes it all legal.

locking threads about tethering is messed up.

unlock my thread plz.

Virgin OV 2.2.2 WiFi hotspot tethering
The action on your thread was taken before the policy change, and per your request, it's now re-opened.

No need for further frustrations on legalities, per Phases' post, tethering isn't illegal and is up to you and your carrier to sort out.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)

For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
jamesdean (January 29th, 2012), Nor3X (January 30th, 2012), novox77 (January 29th, 2012), SamuraiBigEd (January 29th, 2012), scary alien (January 27th, 2012), SUroot (January 28th, 2012), Thats (January 28th, 2012), twospirits (January 29th, 2012), Wolfedude88 (January 27th, 2012), Xyro (January 27th, 2012)