Thread: Accessory Transformer cases
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
kramerica

Device(s): DE Moto X (Stock 4.4 ROM)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
I ordered this one:

Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) StandBook Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable for Asus Eee Pad Prime TF201 Black: Electronics

Looks to be very similar to the Blurex and Vertek case except for the color of brown vs the Blurex/Vertek blue. Still waiting for it, but a user on Amazon took pictures of the case with shipping. It has a charge port so you can use with the case on. I know some don't. Personally I would have rather had the blue lining but I would much rather have a case period. The Blurex and Vertek have been out of stock for a while and I stumbled on this while looking for those. It's also $20.
I received the case today and the color on Amazon's website looked light brown to me and it's actually a light grey. I'm either suffering from crappy laptop, color blindness or could be in a wacky geek accessory dream!? Anywho, haven't put it through the paces yet (as I haven't even opened my Prime box yet), but it looks and sounds almost dead on with specs and layout of the Blurex and Vertek.

Also, the felt lining seems a little "hard". I am coming from an Acer Iconia A500 with the Targus (Monster thick) Truss and the lining/foam was much softer to the touch. Seems like this would soften over time, but putting something that "solid" next to that beautiful screen seems a little scary. Any comments on that texture question to the owners of the Blurex or Vertek?