firstly, be sure your laptop(depends on hardware/software) or your phone is discoverable(settings->wireless->bluetooth->visible check).
secondly, be sure to see if both of them are pairable(youll know this while doing the steps below), if pairing cant be done, restart phone or unplug-replug/restart bluetooth software on laptop.
thirdly, what is your usual way of transferring files?
sending files to laptop using your phone? or accessing phone using laptop?
steps ive come up, phone to laptop using phone.
OS win 7
1. open filemanager and tap-hold on the file you want to share.
2. click share->Bluetooth->scan devices
3. let the phone scan for devices and tap on the name of your laptop/computer
4. if not yet paired you will be prompted to enter a security code. be sure to check the laptop screen and just type "1" and then input "1" in the phone also (without the quotes). if pairing problem occurs try going back to top of my post..
5. the file is now being sent, be sure to check laptop if a message to accept a file is mentioned. click yes.
6. find your file on the laptop's mydocuments->bluetooth->inbox or just click on the laptop's notification bubble if something popups.
just tell us if you cant send using this method and ill try to make a tut for the laptop side on how to access phone's files.
tell us if it works