View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
AHQ

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Re: ARC LT15a 3G problems on AT&T

Hi there,

I just bought an Arc LT15a and I started using it today. My previous phone was an unlocked Nokia E71, which I've been using on AT&T's network for nearly three years. I have the $15 unlimited "featurephone" data plan, which I've used with my E71 ever since day one.

I am currently unable to use AT&T's data network on my Arc. Neither 2G or 3G will work. My Nokia detected the data and MMS settings right away and I was able to go online without any problem, whereas the Arc cannot connect to anything (except for WiFi). When I tried going through the setup wizard, the Arc would not complete Step 3; it would attempt to download settings for Internet and multimedia messaging, but I'd repeatedly get a connection error/retry message.

I have a feeling that my SIM card might be the culprit. It's a Cingular-branded SIM that is several years old. My E71 was able to maintain both 3G and EDGE data connections without any setup on my part, but the E71 has HSPA 3.6 Mbps modem, whereas the Arc has an HSPA 7.2 Mbps modem. I'm guessing that the Arc might require a newer SIM card.

Any thoughts?