View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #83 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 14,074 Times in 6,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTurner View Post
I'm trying to unroot/lock so I can send the old phone back to VZW tomorrow.

I have my adb working...it finds the phone fine. However, when I try the 2nd command:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img

I get the error "cannot load bootloader-toro-primekk15.img"

I assume this is somehow related to the files / folder location. I downloaded the 4.02 img file, and unzipped it to the following:

c:\android-sdk\tools folder

Then I ran 7zip to extract the files to that folder, which created a folder "mysid-icl53f" in my tools folder. So, I have a folder "c:\android-sdk\tools\mysid-icl53f". In THAT folder, I have a file called "bootloader-toro-primekk15.img". I am running the fastboot command from within that folder, where the img file is located.

What am I doing wrong??? Thanks for any and all help!
NCTurner,

That should be working, assuming that your fastboot command is executable from that directory, too.

If you didn't set your PATH environment variable to also know about where the fastboot utility is located, you might just want to make sure that fastboot is also in the same directory with all of the files from the mysid-icl53f subfolder.

Also, check your spelling and/or try doing a copy and paste (I usually pull-up the flash-all.sh file in an editor and copy and paste the commands from that file so that I don't make any typing mistakes).

I just did this same process for 4.0.1 tonight (was testing some stuff) and have done this about a dozen times...so, its probably something simple.

Let us know.

Cheers!

edit: ninja'd by the Yeahha!
The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
NCTurner (January 30th, 2012)