View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Unforgiven
~Play Nice~

Device(s): Note II, S3, Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 14,245 Times in 7,813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearpar View Post
Guys I don't know if this is the place to put this, but let me know if I am wrong...
I am not sure why this person has ripped me off, but here is the story.
I purchased a Android Honeycomb operating system for my Viewsonic G-tablet from from www.droidpirate.com back in December of 2011. It arrived and I tried to install it and could not get it to work. I contacted Justin Ide owner of droid priate.com and he said that I could send him my Gtablet and he would install it and sned it back the next day. well it has been 6 weeks and I have emailed hime no less than 12 times through his email address, his website and even his facebook page. Absolutlely no answer to any of my emails and he also tuened off my ability to post on his facebook account as well. I have the proof that the device was delivered to his address through my Fedex account. He has in essence stolen my device ! I contacted the FBI web site fraud department on this.
Any advice on how to handle this ? I have all of his information including his addresses and even a photo of him.
I'm sorry about your predicament as it sounds like a scam from the start. Hopefully the place you sent it to isn't just some mule that is repackaging it and sending is somewhere else or that law enforcement can track it all down.

I have been loading custom roms (the Honeycomb you thought you were buying) for over two years and never, never, have I had to pay for it ahead of time. Some ask for a donation, but not as a condition of downloading it. This is why I think you were scammed.

On this site there is usually an "All things root" sub forum for each device with instructions and available roms. If you are able to get your tablet back, l'm sure you'll be able the get the help here for you to get it back in working order and/or root and rom it.

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***