View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:39 AM   #45 (permalink)
CafeKampuchia
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanked 1,133 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
Hello My first post here,

This is a brilliant thread but I cant understand how to back all my phone up in case things go wrong (not meaning addresses ect). I have spent a while looking at posts and ended up getting more of a headache

I have a WFS V 2.3.3 HTC Sence V 2.1 Software # 1.33.161.2

I think I have rooted my phone following this info given here, followed everything and got no errors.

I am stuck with is how to use and Backup the stock HTC ROM in cwm5 recovery I would like to be able to understand this and store the original rom somewhere safe then load a better rom,

which would be the best to use? to get rid of all the bloatware and run apps from a sd card freeing up internal space

Thanks
Smokes
Welcome!

1. Shut down the phone, pull the battery and reinstall.
2. Restart the phone in recovery (hold down volume down and press the power button).
3. Scroll down one (volume down) to select RECOVERY and press power button.
4. Select "backup and restore" and press power button.
5. Select "backup" and press power button to initiate the backup. The backup will be stored on your SD card under /clockworkmod/backup.

IMHO, the best ROM for memory management and lack of bloatware is CM7 with Link2SD. There is a great tutorial over at XDA, I think by d33ps1x, on how to install and use Link2SD.

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; February 2nd, 2012 at 05:55 AM.