View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
Tommydaniel
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac202 View Post
If only Samsung would only put in new radios that get good reception. I'm talking CDMA, 3G, WIFI and GPS. I gave Samsung a chance with the Nexus S against my better judgement. This phone sucks. Doesnt get signal for crap and drops calls. Takes minutes to connect to GPS, moving or not. Sometimes it wont even connect to GPS. One thing about HTC is they used awesome radios and rarely if ever dropped a call.

I'm sure the Galaxy Nexus has the same crappy radios that most if not all recent Samsung phones have.

I really want this phone but not sure if being unhappy a few weeks later is worth it.
With each new Samsung product I have noticed the radios have gotten better. From the Moment, to the Epic, then the Nexus, and now the Epic Touch. I hear some people having trouble with their GPS on their ET4G but mine locks almost immediately. I rarely have 1 or 3 bars of service, it's always 4 or more.

Maybe I haven't spend enough time with an HTC or Motorola device to see a BIG difference. But then again, I don't want to. Where Samsung may lack some in radios it makes up for in camera quality, battery life, thinness, and screen tech. IMO