Thread: General Commando Update
View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
paxchristos

Device(s): Verizon Xperia Play, Casio G'zone Commando
Carrier: Not Provided

nielson.peter@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestaudioguy View Post
I have read that you could not root the version 2.3.3, but after I loaded the latest version of superoneclick it rooted the phone fine and I now have superuser access. The latest version of superoneclick had the zergrush with it and that apparently is what is needed to root the 2.3.3.
I'm just worried that if I do accept the latest update it will ruin all the time it took me to get it where it should be for now.
I guess that since its rooted, I do not have to automatically accept the download?? This way I can wait for superoneclick to get whatever programming is needed to root the updated version.
Thanks

That's because SuperOneClick is being constantly updated with every new exploit they can find. It took about 3 weeks (looking back over a thread from xda) (also, a relatively short period, it took me 6 weeks (from when I got my phone (Xperia Play) until root was available, longer if i had gotten it soon :P) from the update until root was re-achieved. If you disable (freeze) Inno-path, then yes, you won't have ever have to worry about getting updates again...
The Following User Says Thank You to paxchristos For This Useful Post:
bestaudioguy (February 2nd, 2012)