View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffy1 View Post
Thanks very much for the input. I also envision using the lapdock while traveling, it seems more practical for email than typing on the touchscreen, in addition to simpler access to files for email attachments.

You have a great point about carrying around something while walking around. The tablet clearly wins that debate. My situation is typically a little different, however, because most of my work is outdoors on open sites and I have the hood of my truck to use as a desk (or sitting inside the truck with the A/C or heat on....). .

I'll be kicking this concept around for awhile, I'm certainly not in a hurry at this point, I'll continue to watch the comments here.

Since you're not in a hurry,you may also want to take a look @ the upcoming ASUS PADFONE.

I don't think it's even out yet,or,if/when available for North America,or,a specific carrier.

A search of PHANDROID NEWS for the ASUS PADFONE should turn up a couple of video demos.

Just thought I'd throw it out there,it's always good to have choices,and,a bit of competition,to keep progress moving along.

From the looks,it appears it will offer similar functionality as the MOTOROLA LAPDOCK collection.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
Boffy1 (February 2nd, 2012)