View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteezey View Post
You should throw a note in there for the windows 7 users for them to just hold shift and right click on there platform tools folder and select "open command window here" this will save them a lot of time changing envinromental variables and mostly them getting path errors. Oh and by the way I know you said you didn't wanna lose your hboot 1.4( I.don't blame you). If you ever did decide or needed to update your hboot you won't lose s-off when you upgrade but you will have to do HTC unlock method. After that you can flash to any partition like you can on 1.4 and/or roll back your hboot if you wanted to. My new phone has 1.5 : ( everything you got on there so far looks good.
I tried this with my build of Win7 (Home Professional or whatever it's called...the mid-grade version) and it didn't work, so I figured I'd show how to type it out (or allow people to copy/paste). But thanks for the tip! I'll put it in there the next time I revise.

And there's nothing on HBOOT 1.5 that I would want. I'm sure the discrepancies I've been seeing between 1.4 and 1.5 is because 1.5 requires that you flash a recovery through fastboot, and it's being named differently than the HBOOT PG86IMG.zip recovery name. So I'm going to flash the recovery through fastboot and continue on with the guide sometime this weekend or next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
I also Stickied this thread as I think this will be a crucial step for those rooting and will make our life much easier in guiding and explaining, I know we are trying to cut back on the sticky threads but I believe this one is warranted.
I was going to sticky it when it was a little more complete. I also wanted to talk to you and a few of the other guides and mods about consolidating and/or revising the sticky list, so it's not like 8 or so stickies
Last edited by jerofld; February 3rd, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post:
DonB (February 3rd, 2012)