View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 57,102 Times in 22,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylo22 View Post
One factor the article doesn't account for is hardware. iOS is suppose to be able to run on iphones that are several generations back (I think for ios5 the bare minimum is 3GS). And from what I have read the 3gs is barely capable of running io5 and lots of people are complaining about slow downs, crashes and lock ups. So I'm wondering if a good percentage of ios5 crashes in that chart has to do with ios5 running on older hardware such as 3gs or maybe even 4g.
I would submit that many with lesser Android hardware try to over-upgrade and report similar results. I have seen some people of these forums not like an update and wanting to regress - but nothing of the magnitude as happened with iP3gs owners.

Add to that that Apple had a record Q4 2011 with 37 million units shipped, and without a doubt, those new device owners were downloading and trying apps during the holiday season.

The Apple mantras are: just works, easy to use, Apple-ensured updates, and no fragmentation.

Even if what you submit is absolutely true and there are no mitigating factors as I suggest, the numbers say the mantras are not entirely accurate.
Last edited by EarlyMon; February 3rd, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
s.m.knipe (February 3rd, 2012)