View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #962 (permalink)
Fannatick

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped put this thread together (Scotty85, big thanks) and who continually help people with there problems.

After carefully reading all 20 pages (seriously!) I rooted my phone, have S-off and installed SkyRaider 4.2 on my Inc! Took me about two-ish hours to do everything.

I did manage to get myself in some trouble, I couldn't read the tiny writing on Hboot and managed to press down, then I panicked and pressed the power button (like a noob) thinking it would go back and managed to factory reset my phone before I did a backup of any sorts...lol. That was a little frightening/frustrating but I continued on. I followed the rest of the directions to the letter and everything worked out really well.

I do have a slight issue that I thought I remember reading about but I'll ask, my phone is now prompting me to install a system update (GB I believe, 4.08.605.2), since I'm S-off I should be able to install this update without it affecting anything, right? Will it affect SkyRaider 4.2?

Thanks again to all that help troubleshoot and post responses back so quickly (again, Scotty85, iowabowtechand sdrawkcab25), I loved my Inc before and now I love it even more that it's rooted/s-off and a custom ROM is installed.

Fannatick
The Following User Says Thank You to Fannatick For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (February 6th, 2012)