View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Trident
Premium Member

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid, LG Ally, Logitech Revue, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,333 Times in 414 Posts
Contact for info
Default Re: Premium Account option now live!

Quote:
Quote:
Alright everyone, we're finally flipping the switch and letting those who wish to donate a bit to help with the continued success of the site do just

Quote:
@johnlgalt - That's correct - from what I understand, when the end of the time period is approaching, the forum will send you a PM and/or EMail lettin

The tone of those posts suggests that this is not for profit - in other words, to help allay the costs of the boards and services here.

However, even though I may have a boatload of posts, I am not affiliated with the site at all, so I am speculating - this is purely conjecture on my part.

Rob / Phases / anyone care to answer?
I'm only a Phone Guide, however really what the premium membership is for is to show your support for the site. The membership charge is like a donation which goes towards the many costs to run the site like hosting and what not. The money isn't used to pay the Mods for their service or anything like that. Up until now, Rob has had to pay for the site out of his own pocket. Now, we can take some of the weight off his sholders. The features unlocked by becoming a premium member are to give you something in return for your much appreciated help.

For those who have donated or become a Premium Member, thanks for you support!

HTC Thunderbolt

Please do not PM me with phone related support queries, that's what the forums are for!

Site Rules/ Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy