Thread: General Where is Gingerbread
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Good Feather

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

They need to hurry up. My enterprise tried implementing a password policy and my 2.2.2 phone will not accept the simple password enforcement of this first phase. The next phase will be full enforced device encryption which they say all 2.3.x devices do support from exchange active sync.

While the XPRT can be set up manually to have a password & be encrypted... systems wants it to be required that I cant take the password on/off or encryption on/off at will. It needs to be set by group policy where they say IT says it was encrypted and password locked so it was good for HIPAA.

They are urging me to look at getting Touch-down for $20.00 to allow for the password enforcement but when they get to the next phase... Touch-down may or may not work for the device encryption piece. Unsure at this point on that without testing yet.

I work for IT in a Business HIPAA environment and this is targeted to be a Business phone... yet it doesn't work in our Business environment because Moto/Sprint hasnt updated the Android system software to 2.3 / Gingerbread.