View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #73 (permalink)
Blind Squirrel

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS,BLIND SQUIRREL!

I just about switched to the MAXX myself yesterday.One of the things holding me back is the lack of VZW'S 4G LTE in my area,&the unlimited data that we enjoy w/SPRINT.
(VZW is currently running their DATA SPECIAL once again,BTW)

Is your discount w/VERIZON as a VERIZON employee,or,your employer discount elsewhere?
Just curious,as I'm certain BEST BUY/AMAZON/RADIO SHACK will likely have better pricing,as the MAXX will become available to most retail outlets soon,but,as for the LAPDOCK 500 pricing,VERIZON does have the best pricing,currently $299.97

Most here w/the LAPDOCK 500 are green w/envy ,as us PHOTON owners lack 100% combatibility w/the LAPDOCK 500.Just holding out hope for a future update to the latest WEBTOP version on our phones.

So,if you find that there isn't too much activity here,that would explain it.Most of us here w/either LAPDOCK are also on @ https://forums.motorola.com

Enjoy your MAXX & LAPDOCK & once again,WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My discount is because of where I am in my contract. I can get one for $299. I stopped by a Verizon store yesterday and was able to play with a Razr MAXX.... SOLD! I had to order it. The thing is just so many MILES beyond my HTC Incredible that it is unbelievable! I was able to get in on the Verizon unlimited data plan when I got my Incredible a year ago December. I confirmed that upgrading to the Razr and 4G would NOT take me off of that program. I am happy to report that I still have unlimited data with the MAXX on 4G.

The 500 Pro is in stock and available for immediate shipment but I decided to wait to buy it until I have my MAXX in hand. Verizon has a 14 day return policy on accessories, which is what the Lapdock is considered to be.

Once I get both items and have had a chance to kick the tires and take them for a spin I will report back.
Last edited by Blind Squirrel; February 9th, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blind Squirrel For This Useful Post:
twospirits (February 9th, 2012)