Thread: C771 Drivers
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #104 (permalink)
commando98632

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Just got the commando yesterday for a valentines gift . I when found this site to day as I learned that the unit didn't work with windows, but worked with OSX.. How ever, I am missing the internet drivers. Specifically it says that I am missing the "Ethernet" Drivers.
and I would like to be able to tether Commando. as I have a machine that does not have wireless capabilities.
I'll be book marking this page
PS, as with any and all devices, I turn off Auto updates

I am typing this from the freshly installed drivers
First and for most I never update the devices and I disable all auto Updates and I ignore all Nagging of "UPDATE ME" and I disable the notifications as well.

1) I obtained drivers from this site
UPDATE:
Phone Tethering didn't work in OSX. But works in Windows.
2)I place the Phone into "Charge Only" Mode (Verizon's secret words for..I do much more then charge your Phone).
3) I downloaded the C771 drivers, from this site. at the End of the install I leave it as is.
4) I allowed PDA NET to load its better half on the phone.

I Now can access online..there is a work around for checking a secured site, but I will not post it here..Google is your friend
I must also add one little note: Hot Spot Wifi does not work as of yet on Casio based hardware.
I much rather pay a one time fee, then a but load of monthly fees.

The commando, has proven to be a reliable and worthy phone for me as it can and will run SkypeVideo, U stream and a great deal of other things..so Far I haven't got it to wash the dishes as of yet..let me know when an app comes out for that lol.
Once again the Device must be placed in "Charge Only" mode for it go online via USB.
Last edited by commando98632; February 10th, 2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add how I managed getting online with out rooting
The Following User Says Thank You to commando98632 For This Useful Post:
kameron42312 (June 13th, 2012)