View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #74 (permalink)
Boffy1

Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Bought the Photon, waiting for the 500

Well, I made the plunge. Since the Photon was only $50 upgrade, I decided to try it out. After I got a chance to play with it, I noticed there was an update available. The documentation said the update was providing a lapdock compatibility update.

I have ordered a lapdock 500 pro, should be here early next week. I'll let you know if the phone update resolved any of the compatibility issues that have been discussed here.

Incidentally, I love the phone. It's a bit different than the Evo - not bad, just different. So far I haven't noticed a significant difference in battery life from my Evo. I did go ahead and order an extra battery and battery charger. From what I had been reading, I expected better battery life than the Evo.

One huge difference from the Evo is speed. Web browser refreshes are WAY faster! another thing is power-off/on is much faster. Ever since the Gingerbread update on my Evo, it would take a good 3 - 4 minutes to restart if I shut it off to change the battery or something. Photon is up and running in about 1 minute.

Well, anyway, enough about the phone, that doesn't belong in this thread...

I haven't been able to jump on here much in the past few days, been pretty busy. When I get my lapdock I'll give a full compatibility report ASAP.